The term data refers to the soft copy of any useful information like Analysis, facts, statics, images, characters, symbols, quantities or accounts stored in a media, computer or mobile. Data Recovery is the procedure of recuperating data from the storage unit when it cannot be accessed by regular technique. Sometimes data may be inaccessible due to physical damage to the gadgets hard disk or due to some software issue or virus attack. In such cases, it helps you to get back all the data stored in the corrupted or damaged device. It not only helps you to restore lost files but also helps to recover corrupted data or data from a corrupt storage device.
Generally, you may lose your data because of issues like malfunction or logical failure of a storage device, operating system failure, infections with Malware or virus, accidental damage to the hard drive or accidental deletion of data. In such case, the first and foremost thing you need to do is to copy all your data files from the damaged media to any other suitable new drive. This can be achieved through recovery of data.
Data recovery can be under the following circumstances:
- With Computer issue: If you are not able to switch on your computer or cannot enter into the operating system, then there might be a problem with the hard disk or operating system. Then you must go for data recovery to get back all the information stored on your computer.
- File loss: If you lose your file because of accidental deletion or formatting, restoring the data recovery wizard can be used to recover data.
- Locked due to incorrect Password: Some personal accounts, database, or sensitive information contain the password, and in case you lose or forget the password and enter a wrong password multiple times, your account get lost. Then you may need different tools to recover that data.
- File Repair: Sometimes when you use different software or different versions the contents may not be transformed correctly and you may face difficulties opening the file.
- Logical bad sector: Logical failure of hard disk is one of the major reasons for data loss .With logical failure you may not be able to retrieve data files from a particular sector of your media drives. In such situations a suitable software must be used to correct the corrupted logical sectors of the media drive. If this process does not work, then you must replace the faulty hardware.
In some cases of data loss, you can recover them using some simple data recovery methods and tools but with data loss due to major issues, you should always contact a data recovery expert. The information remaining on the storage device can be recovered to a safe location. But the chances for a successful result depend mainly on the data loss situation. Always remember that no information is recoverable after being overwritten. So make sure that you write nothing to the storage until the last file is rescued.